Let’s take a moment to sing the praises of the infusion pump. Yes, it does seem like a rather mundane topic to get excited about. But consider our ability to feed, hydrate, and deliver medicines and solutions to the human body intravenously. Ponder for a second how great steps forward it was for mankind to develop the means to inject life-giving, life-preserving fluids into the blood stream. It is an important device among biomedical devices, which often get neglected. It is very important to give emphasis on infusion pumps repair services as it plays a crucial role in health care services.
Today, this medical miracle is a standard piece of equipment. Of course there have been many offshoots and variations to the infusion pump; the latest being portable and disposable devices.
Types of infusion Pumps
- Insulin pumps
- Patient-controlled analgesia
- Designed mainly for stationary use at a patient’s bedside
Infusion pumps are an essential part of hospitals, physician offices, out-patients surgery centers, emergency service vehicles and veterinary clinics. But what happens when they break down or just stop performing in peak condition after years of wear and tear? Infusion pump repair and services are an integral part of extending its life and services. Despite new models coming out each year from various manufactures, your infusion pumps were built to provide years of safe and efficient operation.
Some tips for extending the life of your Infusion Pump
- Perform regular service
- Replace the batteries regularly
- Update your pump software
- Maintain and clean power cords
- Repair/Restore broken pumps
- Undertake additional infusion pump training
- Replace the Infusion pump casing and exterior
- Attend to warning and nuisance alarms promptly
- Purchasing additional models of equipment required
- Incorporate all OEM safety and service upgrades in a timely manner
These above mentioned tips will help your infusion pump to last long but infusion pumps repair services and maintenance is really an integral part to provide safe and long term service to life. If you are looking for reliable and affordably infusion pump repair service, ERS Medical is the best company to get tied with. It provides every biomedical equipment repair services at a reasonable price. For more info, do pay a visit to our official website.